Breast augmentation can help to transform a body by adding volume and shape to the breasts. Many women long to change the way this portion of their body looks. This type of surgical procedure may be just the right solution. The good news is that this procedure is considered safe. In fact, it is one of the safest types of cosmetic procedures available today. Since new technology has made it far less invasive than it used to be. Still, it is important that you talk with your doctor one-on-one to determine if this is a solution that can work for you.
What to Talk About
When you meet with your surgeon to discuss breast augmentation, ask as many questions as you can. Though this procedure is standardized, it is also one that you should feel comfortable with. Not just any doctor will do. When you are worried about factors such as health risks and safety. Be sure to talk about everything that concerns you.
You will want to know what will happen during the procedure as well as what the outcome will be realistic. Be sure to talk to the doctor about any medical conditions you have. Don’t forget to tell your doctor about any type of medical treatments you’ve received and any type of drug allergy you may have. You also want to provide a list of not only the medications you take. But also any supplements, herbal treatments, vitamins and tobacco products you use. You should talk about all of the previous surgeries you’ve had and the outcomes of them. You should also discuss any breast cancer risks in your family or in your personal history, too.
Breast Augmentation Precautions
1. Do you have cardiac or pulmonary problems? If so, then have yourself checked by your doctor so that he can clear you for surgery. Pre-existing cardiopulmonary problems can cause a serious complication during or after the procedure. So make sure anything concerning these areas are stabilized.
2. For those vegetarians out there, you need to increase your protein intake because this will promote faster healing. You can have it through protein supplementation started at least a couple of weeks prior to surgery.
3. Speaking of diet. You need to make sure that your total diet is keeping you healthy enough to withstand the surgery. So hydrate your body to keep your skin healthy to heal faster. You can do this by increasing your intake of vitamins a, c and e. Increase your water intake to adequately hydrate your body and your skin well moisturized and strong.
4. When it comes to looking for a surgeon to do the job. You need to be cautious whether he places the implants in the same position in all his patients. This means that he does not take measures that suit your specific body type. This ends up in having something look awkward or out of place.
5. Breast implants may affect your ability to breastfeed. Thus it is important to consider this possibility before you right ahead with the procedure.
6. Breast implants may also affect the mammography procedure, making it harder to visualize the internal structures better. This will result in more time and more exposure to the radiation.
7. You also need to know that any changes that you do to your breast can no longer be undone. If you decide to have it removed later, you will have the tendency to develop dimpling or rippling.
8. If you are taking medications that would have blood-thinning effects such as aspirin. Then you need to stop this at least 2 weeks prior to the procedure. For maintenance medications, ask your doctor on how you can have alternatives for the meantime. Do not stop it without consulting your doctor.
9. You also need to stop smoking and drinking at least 2 weeks before the breast augmentation surgery. Both can cause delayed healing as it reduces the uptake of oxygen from the blood into the cells. This reduces their ability to be healthy and to recover faster.
10. If you have had surgery before and experienced untoward reactions from anaesthesia or any intraoperative medications. Inform your surgeon immediately to avoid emergency situations.
For more :
For more information: sign up today for our free newsletter with beauty, weight loss and health tips from professional models. Signing up today will give you access to secrets that over 99% of women will never know!